Green Dot Corporation is a technology-centric, consumer-focused Bank Holding Company with a mission to reinvent personal banking for the masses. The company is the largest provider of prepaid debit card products and prepaid card reloading services in the United States as well as a leader in mobile banking with its GoBank mobile bank account offering. Green Dot Corporation products are available to consumers at more than 90,000 retailers nationwide, online and via the leading app stores. The company is headquartered in Pasadena, CA with its bank subsidiary, Green Dot Bank, located in Provo, UT. The company also has offices in Palo Alto, CA, Rogers, AR, and Tampa, FL.
Senior Software Engineer - ASP.NET
The Senior Software Engineer for the Web Team participates and leads development teams in the construction, implementation and support of software products that meet established specifications, design criteria, quality standards and business requirements. Responsible for designing applications and systems based upon business requirements documentation and architectural designs.
- Provides technical project level interface
- Constructs high quality code
- Analyzes, codes, tests, and debugs applications
- Ensures the practice of GDC code guidelines and best practices
- Participates in projects through the various phases
- Participate in ensuring and increasing Software Engineering Maturity
- Contributes to matrix teams designing and developing applications, modules, or enhancements
- Prepares and maintains complete programming specifications, functional design, and both high and detail level technical design documents
- Creates system prototypes
- Conducts code and security code reviews
- Performs troubleshooting and analysis to assess root cause of application issues
- Maintains a high degree of knowledge on current technologies and tools[DK
- Makes recommendations to improve operating efficiency and functionality of assigned systems areas
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- Experience in developing in an Agile environment
- Passion for Unit Testing, Behavior Testing, and other mature engineering methodologies.
- Minimum of 7 years overall software and/or application development experience
- Minimum of 4 years developing Web Applications
- Minimum of 4 years developing in .NET environment
- Minimum of 3 years of developing in Microsoft MVC
- End to End knowledge of Web development technologies such as deployment, site management, etc.
- Solid knowledge of engineering best practices.
- Solid knowledge in ASP.NET, MVC, JSON, Ajax, and other associated tools related to Web Applications
- Solid experience with object oriented design and programming
- Ability to work well in a team environment and brainstorm with other developers/senior developers on ideas, work flow and technologies
- Strong technical, logical, analytic, and problem solving skills
- Strong communication / technical writing skills
- Experience in software lifecycle, software configuration management and change control
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop cohesive working relationships with internal and external clients
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables in a highly energized and fast-paced environment within a framework of constantly shifting deadlines and deliverables
- Flexibility to adapt to change and willing to learn and develop new skill sets as applicable
Green Dot Corporation is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any category protected by law.