Green Dot Corporation, along with its wholly owned subsidiary bank, Green Dot Bank, is a pro-consumer financial technology innovator with a mission to reinvent personal banking for the masses. Green Dot invented the prepaid debit card industry and is the largest provider of reloadable prepaid debit cards and cash reload processing services in the United States. Green Dot is also a leader in mobile technology and mobile banking with its award-winning GoBank mobile checking account. Through its wholly owned subsidiary, TPG, Green Dot is additionally the largest processor of tax refund disbursements in the U.S. Green Dot's products and services are available to consumers through a large-scale "branchless bank" distribution network of more than 100,000 U.S. locations, including retailers, neighborhood financial service center locations, and tax preparation offices, as well as online, in the leading app stores and through leading online tax preparation providers. Green Dot Corporation is headquartered in Pasadena, Calif., with additional facilities throughout the United States and in Shanghai, China.
This role will be responsible for supporting multiple applications and data transfers between internal and client facing applications.
The successful candidate will have hands-on experience in a multitude of domains; including, but not limited to; 24 x 7 x 365 enterprise and cloud database infrastructure design and management, security, business continuity, disaster recovery, database design, database development, database tuning, enterprise data storage and backup, service delivery, incident tracking, change management, and general database administration
- Design strategies for database systems as well as set standards for operations, programming and security.
- Definition and governance of all structured and unstructured physical data models, data entities, supporting artifacts and metadata repositories.
- Develops physical modeling standards and strategies.
- Executes design sessions to gather requirements, review, approve, and communicate design artifacts with stakeholders.
- Creates and manages physical models to support Enterprise Data Warehouse domains that include Operational Data Stores, Staging, Integrated EDW, Data Mart, Business, Reference/Master Data and Extract Transform Load (ETL) environments.
- Ensures physical database features and capabilities are incorporated into data model designs to optimize performance.
- Designs deliverables that are defined with appropriate database platform and security context.
- Design and manage models using various Data Modeling tools.
- Maintains optimal Enterprise Architecture alignment with Solution Architecture, Technical Leads, Business Analysis, Infrastructure, and PMO roles.
- Design, Implementation and maintenance of database solutions, management of data access, and resolving database performance and capacity issues.
- Develop, implement, administrate, and maintain policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of our databases.
- Perform problem-solving of application issues and production errors, including high level critical production issues that require immediate attention.
- Design and code a large number of SQL Queries, stored procedures, and SSIS packages
- Implement processes and procedures for the development and release of products/projects that facilitate high quality and rapid deployment
- Provide technical documentation as needed
- Monitor and perform performance tuning on stored procedures and ETL jobs
- Monitor and analyze SQL Server production metrics
- Support complex service impacting issues with little to no supervision
- Participate in an on-call support rotation and provide non-standard work hour support
- Trouble shooting and resolving data issues
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of SQL Server including the writing of complex stored procedures, functions and SSIS packages as well as basic knowledge of database administration
- Strong understanding and experience of database development methodologies (Agile and Scrum)
- Expert level knowledge of SQL administration, engineering, and monitoring tools
- Demonstrated expertise in performance tuning including both query and server optimization
- Strong knowledge and experience in data modeling, relational database design, optimization for performance, T-SQL, stored procedures, SSIS packages
- Expertise in understanding complex business needs, analyzing, designing and developing solutions
- Advanced knowledge of relational database design, testing and implementation
- Advanced communication and professional skills and the ability to establish relationships across business units
- Ability to participate in an on-call support rotation and provide non-standard work hour support
- Extensive SQL Server performance tuning and troubleshooting experience
- Hands-on development experience in SQL Server 2012/2014
- Experience with SSIS
- Financial technology domain knowledge would be a plus
- Experience with .NET, MVC, C# HTML5 CSS3 AJAX jQuery IIS and Java script would be a plus
- Computer Science Degree Highly Desired
Green Dot Corporation is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any category protected by law.